Tom Bevill Building
To request lab/office keys or ACT card access to the Bevill Building, please contact the appropriate person for your department listed below. If not listed, please contact your supervisor or department head to find out who handles keys and ACT card access for your department.
- Biological Sciences: Please email Gregory Moore
- Alabama Analytical Research Center: Please complete the AARC access request form online for rooms 1014, 1018, 1024, 1058, 1071, & 2058. Contact Rob Holler or Reda Arnold with any questions.
- Physics and Astronomy: Keys and ACT card access for Bevill would be managed by AARC. Please complete the Physics Key request form to request keys, or complete the Physics ACT card request form if ONLY ACT card access is needed for exterior doors, or interior doors with card readers. Contact Reda Arnold with any questions.
- College of Engineering: Please complete the College of Engineering access request form: https://eng.ua.edu/faculty-staff/access-request-form/
- Geography: Please email Krystal Feigle
- Geological Sciences: Please complete the Bevill Building ACT Card Request form. Contact Laquandria Jones-Wilkins with questions.
- Classroom Access & Others: Please complete the Bevill Building ACT Card Request form
Shelby Hall, Science and Engineering Complex, and Lloyd Hall
To request keys to labs, offices, and classrooms, in Shelby Hall, S.E.C., or Lloyd Hall, please email Building Administration.
To expedite your key request, please include ALL of the following information:
- Email address
- Supervisor’s name and email address
- Department Chair’s name and email address
- Building name and room numbers
For Shelby, SEC and Lloyd Hall requests you will receive an electronic Key Control Form at the email address you provide via DocuSign. Follow the instructions in the email, and we will begin processing your request as soon as possible. You will receive an email notification through DocuSign when your keys are ready for pick up. Most requests can be completed within 24 hours after department chair approval, but may take longer at the beginning of the semester when there are a large number of requests, or if keys need to be ordered from the locksmith.
If the room you are requesting access to is fitted with a card reader for ACT card access and you do not need a physical key to the space, please follow the directions below in the ACT card access section.
Any concerns or questions regarding your request can also be sent to the email address above.
A Key Extension Form must be completed if you have already been issued keys, but need to extend the scheduled due date. Charges may be incurred if keys are not returned by the due date, and no extension is completed. Please complete the Key Extension Form for Shelby, SEC, and Lloyd.
ACT Card Access
Please note: Building ACT Card access will be limited to one academic year at a time or less for undergraduate students, and two academic years at a time for Graduate Students and must be renewed each year or every two years. Complete the ACT card request form if ONLY ACT CARD ACCESS is needed. If a physical key and ACT card access both are needed please follow the directions above for key requests. You will be given the option to add ACT card access on your key request form.
Shelby Hall: For all departments, please complete the A&S ACT Card Access Request Form with with the building administrator.
Science and Engineering Complex (SEC):
SEC Biology OAF Lab: For access to SEC Labs 1306 & 1355, you must contact Kim Lackey to complete requirements for access to these rooms, then complete the ACT Card Access Request Form if after-hours access to SEC exterior doors is also needed.
For the Biology Department Core Equipment lab, room 3301, please contact Matthew Jenny to complete requirements for access.
College of Engineering assigned spaces with ACT card readers including rooms 3411-3487, please complete the access request form on the College of Engineering website.
All others, please complete the A&S ACT Card Access Request form with the building administrator.
Lloyd Hall: please complete the A&S ACT Card Access Request form with the building administrator.